Forest Blast Furnace
Andrew McCaslin built the Rockland Iron Furnace in 1832, which continued operating until about 1854. It was built near Freedom Falls in the town of Rockland, Venango County, Pennsylvania on Shulls Run, which provided power via two mill races that propelled two water wheels, which in turn ran a large bellows that blasted air into the furnace. The pig iron it produced was taken by wagon to barges on the Allegheny River. The remains of this furnace are all that is left of what was once a village called Freedom.